And the Winner Is . . .

Search the alphabet travelogs

Working my way through the alphabet, one country at a time

And the Winner Is . . .

Well it can’t be Australia, because I want to go with my favorite Aussie, Debbie Holder, if her social calendar ever clears!

And since I already went tropical this year, I’m going to pass on Argentina.  My son, Joseph, thinks I should do an ABC trip to South America next year with Argentina, Brazil, and Chile or Columbia.  I like that idea.

But the winner is Austria!  And since I’m so close I’m also going to hit Czechoslovakia!  I’ll have a decent start to my challenge, knocking off A, B, and C this year with Austria, Belize, and Czechoslovakia.

I’ve booked a week long railway tour in Austria.  That will be a great way to see the spectacular scenery.  The tour will start in Vienna, then travel to Salzburg and Innsbruck.

Then I plan on spending some time in Prague before taking another tour in Czechoslovakia.  This tour will take me to destinations that include Cesky Krumlov, a Bohemian city that is a UNESCO world heritage site.

I’ll finish back in Vienna where I’ve booked a ticket to a Vienna Boys Choir concert.  I’m pretty certain I’ll find time for food tours and the Vienna “Naschmarkt”–which is a combination food/flea market.

What do you think?  Any other recommendations?

adminuserx

adminuserx

Innsbruck Austria

Last Day in Innsbruck

Kurhotel Vellererhof Austria

Kurhotel Vellererhof

Buildings Innsbruck Austria

Colors of Innsbruck

Hallstatt

Parades austria

Who Doesn’t Love a Parade?!

0 Comments

• Ami

Woohoo! Great choice. But really. Could you go wrong?

August 24, 2015 at 3:08 am
  • Summer

I’m so excited for you! Austria is going to be amazing!!! I’m glad you are doing this blog so that I can follow along and live vicariously through you!

August 24, 2015 at 6:16 am
  • Chanel Nielsen

R u sure you don’t want to go to Antartica indefinitely 🙂

August 24, 2015 at 6:55 pm
  • lisabherriot

This sounds like an amazing idea! Are you going alone? I personally discovered that I really like traveling by myself. And I loved Prague! The people that live in the Czech Republic are so nice! Good luck on your journey!

August 24, 2015 at 8:33 pm
    • rhondasarantis

Lisa! So good to hear from you! Thanks for your encouraging words. I am going alone and it seems liberating to be alone on a journey–doesn’t really matter if anything goes wrong. You can just wing it!!

August 25, 2015 at 5:22 pm
      • lisabherriot

If you have any questions or need help I love trip planning and have done lots of it so don’t hesitate!

September 14, 2015 at 7:18 pm
  • Jennifer

Hi Rhonda! It’s Jennifer from Luminous Works reminding you about Croatia. Here’s that amazing park that I mentioned: http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/98/gallery/. Oh and a ridiculous list of castles: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_Croatia

August 28, 2015 at 11:41 pm
    • rhondasarantis

Jennifer–thanks so much for this post. With all the experience you’ve had seeing beautiful places, I should definitely see Croatia! I enjoyed meeting you at the WordPress class and hope to see you again.

September 3, 2015 at 6:59 pm